In the News
- World Oil Choses Trammell Crow Co. to be the Master-developer
Commercial Property Executive: 10/18/2017
First Phase of Bakersfield Commons to Start in 2018...
- World Oil and Trammel Crow Company Unveil Bakersfield Commons
World Oil Press Release: 10/17/17
New Lifestyle Center Will Serve as the Gathering Place for Bakersfield...
- Jim Ennis Retires from World Oil
World Oil Press Release: 08/29/17
Chief Operating Officer of World Oil Environmental Services retires effective March 31, 2018...
- Matthew Pakkala, CFO for World Oil Receives Award
Los Angeles Business Journal: 9/26/2016
LA Business Journal & RSM award Matthew Pakkala with the RSM Middle Market CFO of the Year Award for 2016.
- City Moves Forward with Bakersfield Commons
ABC Channel 23: 8/31/2016
Plans for Bakersfield Commons project to be discussed Thursday
- World Oil Holds Open House for Local Community
SB Wire: 8/5/2016
California's leading recycler of used motor oil and antifreeze holds its annual open house.
- Revised Plans Unveiled for Bakersfield Commons
Developers of a long-delayed real estate project generally northwest of Coffee and Brimhall roads have proposed substantial changes including a new hospital, a boutique hotel and senior housing, as well as many more apartments and far less retail space than envisioned just a few years ago.
- What's Next with Bakersfiled Commons?
Bakersfield Californian: 3/5/2015
Developers are ready to move forward with the project...
- Fortress Forges United Oil Acquisition
CSP Industry News: 7/8/2014
United Oil is the trade name for United El Segundo Inc. and Apro LLC. Apro is 50% owned by United, with the other 50% owned by World Oil Corp., a privately held company that owns and operates gas stations, refineries and other petroleum-related businesses in California.
- Bernard B. Roth dies at 95; founder of South Gate-based World Oil Corp.
Los Angeles Times: 3/31/2011
Bernard B. Roth, founder of South Gate-based World Oil Corp. and an early promoter of self-service gas stations at a time when pumping your own gas was considered novel and possibly dangerous, has died. He was 95.